write it next week. Unfortunately, it means that I hardly have any
time to write. Which means you get this week's highlights reel!!
1. Being a dying missionary means that you have meal appointments for
every meal. I am so full. So happy. Fully enjoying Japanese food until
the end. And any other variety of food that's thrown in there. Yeah...
A lot of joy.
2. We got to see Urnaa again after not seeing her for a few months!! I
feel so blessed, and our relationship is even better. I'll get to see
her one more time before I go home :)
3. The temple was incredible! I learned so much, and was able to
receive a lot of revelation. It's funny how the Lord sometimes teaches
you ways to improve by the small and simple things.
4. Our Valentines Eikaiwa party was off the hook. Reference Facebook
for photographic evidence.
5. One of the elders' investigators gave me a nickname. "Talley." Yes,
my height is still "standing out" in Japan.
6. We had a Sister's Conference!! It was so much fun to see all my
friends and to say goodbye to those who I love. It was a really
strange feeling, but amazing at the same time. I really feel like
there are so many women in this mission who have influenced my life
and helped me change for the better.
One of the themes at the conference was, "Open your Heart." What a
strange thing to do, but as I've been trying to open my heart more, I
find that the only effective way to do it is to pray that the Lord
will do it for you. That He will help strengthen your love, and make
it possible for you to change. It really is thanks to the Atonement of
Jesus Christ that we can change and love others better.
7. I want to have a kind heart! I want serving others to become second
nature. I am trying to become better, but it is still taking some
time. I am so grateful though for the people who serve me and help me
become better. I am really grateful for the people who are patient
with me while I sometimes blunder through my efforts to serve ;D
8. We had a lesson with the Sato family and when we asked if they
prayed as a couple last week, they said they hadn't because they had
gotten in a fight. Any feelings that do not encourage us to pray, are
definitely not of Heavenly Father. So in the moments when you are
especially feeling like you don't want to pray, take a deep breathe,
and seek the counsel of a Heavenly Father whose number one desire is
to see us succeed.
9. I made a baby cry today when I said hello at the supermarket today.
It was his first time meeting a white person. I think that was my
first time experiencing that, so I was a little shellshocked.
10. I'm really blessed. Good companions, friends, ward members,
investigators, family, and teachers. I am really grateful for the
influence of each of you in my life. I love you!